Thursday, November 5, 2009

November 5, 2009

Today is my grandma's birthday. She would've been 89. I'm still so sad that she's no longer with us. I probably will be for a long time. But a larger part of me is rejoicing that she's receiving her great reward. What an amazing life this woman led! What a legacy of love and faith she left for her family! Each time I imagine her running into our Father's arms, I am overcome with joy.

At her funeral, there were many people present. Most I knew. Some I didn't. But all who spoke to me told me things like "She was my favorite person at church," or "She was such a blessing to my life." How amazing it feels to know that this woman--who touched so many lives in such wonderful ways--this woman was MY grandmother. I swell with pride when I simply verbalize that I am part of her, and she is part of me.

My grandmother. My loved one. My friend.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Go buy a cupcake and sing Happy Birthday to her. Celebrate for her. Celebrate her.